Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tibidabo...

Ok, so, I missed a couple of days... let's be honest, we all knew that would happen...haha.  Anyway, on to the good stuff.

Yesterday I went to a part of Barcelona that is know as Tibidabo.  Before I went, I knew it was an "old-fashioned" amusement park at the top of a mountain however, I didn't end up spending anytime in the amusement park.  There are also two churches, or basilicas rather, built at the top of the mountain; one on top of the other and they're different styles.  The base was built in the Islamic/Romantic style while the top was built in the Gothic style.  In case you're not familiar with the different styles, Islamic/Romantic has rounded arches and is often more dome-shaped.  The Gothic style arches come to a point, and the walls are always smooth.  (I'll post pictures when I finally put them on my computer.) So, I ended up spending the majority of my time in these churches, examining the differences.  The rest of the afternoon was spent eating lunch, and talking with friends while overlooking the city scape of Barcelona. 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a future architectural engineer talking?! Ha! So glad you're having such wonderful experiences. Nice to see a message from the Tuls - Leah your "Fremont People" miss you! One month from today we pick you up!!! Yea - We love and miss you lots! Mom

    ReplyDelete