Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Skiing...

A few weekends ago (ok, more than a few, it was the 12th of February), I went skiing in the Pyrenees with some friends from church.  We woke up really early in the morning, took a train for 2.5 hours to the mountains, got off the train and asked where the snow was, proceeded to board a bus that took us to the ski place, found the snow, and hit the slopes.  We had a blast!  Needless to say the snow wasn’t nearly as good as the snow in Michigan but the view was a little better.  It was an interesting experience for me to ski in warm weather.  Normally, I have to go inside and thaw out every few hours but here I took off my gloves and hat on every chair lift.  Also, I have the greatest host family.  They gave me a snow suit and gloves to use and insisted that I wear one of their turtlenecks (I really hate wearing turtle necks but I couldn't refuse...haha).



 
Zach and Rebecca on the train


 Tyler and Rachel

Just a view while skiing, no big deal


 Me at the top of one of the runs.  Those mountains in the distance might be French, depending on which direction we were facing at this point.
 

Another view while skiing.  I loved this one!


View from the Gondola


Me in my "mono" as my host dad calls it.  This really doesn't look as bad as I thought it did.


Another view.  Rough life.

No comments:

Post a Comment